Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bank Heisting - a Possible New Career for Jeremiah

Yesterday at Seoul Incheon Airport, after we arrived from Shanghai, I suggested that Jeremiah go find an ATM to get some cash, while I rented a local cell phone (it's too bad BlackBerries don't work here).

Poor Jeremiah... he came back with look of panic on his face, holding about a two-inch stack of 10,000 Korean won (KRW) notes, saying, "John... I think I did something wrong!!!" I thought he had just held up a bank, or something!

Meaning to withdraw only about $80 worth of currency, he actually entered the KRW amount which ended up being worth nearly $800. He's now the proud owner of A LOT of 10,000 Korean won notes! At 800,000 KRW, Jeremiah is nearly a millionaire. Don't ever let anybody tell you Emergent can't make you a millionaire! :-)

No comments: