Wednesday, September 10, 2008

CEDEC in Tokyo

This week is Japan's annual CEDEC event, the Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association's game developers conference. This year the conference is being held at the Showa Women's University in Tokyo - a great venue choice for a game developers conference! I've noticed many MANY more foreigners in attendance at this year's show, so it is obviously growing in popularity overseas. Tomorrow morning Miyamoto-san from Nintendo gives a keynote address; his creativity always inspires.

Emergent sponsored the developer party tonight; lots of food and mingling in the university cafeteria. Miyamoto-san was there; I almost feel sorry for him because he's such a celebrity. Especially here in Japan, when he walks in to a room everybody gets all excited and wants to talk to him. Not entirely unlike when I get home from one of these month-long trips to Asia and the reaction I get from my kids when I walk through the door. OK... well perhaps not my kids, but at least my dog. :-)


Food and merriment at the developer party.


Food and merriment at the developer party.


More of the crowd.


Miyamoto-san posting for cameras.

No comments: