Sunday, September 28, 2008

2008 Wuxi International Digital Arts Forum

The city of Wuxi, China (about 80 miles west of Shanghai) is a magnet for animation studios and a growing number of game studios. This weekend Wuxi sponsored their first annual International Digital Arts Forum, which was attended by about 300 professionals, government officials, and the press. Emergent was invited to present there, due to its growing popularity in China. I gave an overview of Emergent and Gamebryo, and it was received quite well. I made quite a few government and press contacts (both so important in China), and picked up some new sales leads, as well.

The Chinese certainly know how to hold an event. It was held indoors at a high tech park in Wuxi, and when they announced the Forum to be officially open, fireworks went off on the stage (see picture at right). Just bright white fountains, but still - it was cool. One of my sons suggested that we try indoor fireworks at our home on the next Fourth of July. We'll see if the Mrs. will approve that.....


The lighting stinks so I apologize, but this is me during my presentation. The audience had been sitting there for 2.5 hours of university professor lectures before I got up, so to wake them up, we did some audience participation stuff.


The Chinese love formal signing ceremonies. This one between a university in Beijing and one in Stockholm.


I want to be like this guy sitting down on the right. Wearing a suit and tie and get hot? Just roll up the legs in your suit pants!

No comments: