Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Gamebryo 2.5 Technical Seminar in Seoul

With a single e-mail blast from our Korean distributor, we received 320 registrations for today's Gamebryo 2.5 Technical Seminar in Seoul. Of that, some 265 attended, and it was a GREAT success.

GameBase's Sales Manager gave a presentation about our business in Korea: more than 100 licenses to more than 90 developers in the past five years. To put all skeptics to rest, he listed company names and game titles, and it was all backed up by the game trailers we were running as people were filing in to the ballroom. Gamebryo has done some great things in Korea, and there is much more to come!

I followed with a presentation on Emergent Game Technologies, our growth in Asia, and so on. I gave my now-famous (in the press in much of Asia, apparently) "three things that differentiate Gamebryo from its competitors" speech. And for good measure, I even threw a subtle little jab at some of our competitors, without listing any specific companies/products by name. I explained the subtlety in advance to the interpreters; whether it came across accurately or not I do not know - but I had fun with it, anyway.

Valery Carpentier, our Worldwide Gamebryo Expert, then gave an attention-grabbing technical presentation of Gamebryo. OK... so it was technical and not all that exciting, but it hit me that Val actually speaks three languages: French, English, and Geek. Following a 30-minute coffee break, Val completed his session by giving several Gamebryo demos.

As people tend to be shy at these things, GameBase had asked people to submit Gamebryo questions along with their event registrations, and from these, we did a pretty comprehensive Q&A to wrap up the event.

We had two simultaneous interpreters working the event, and they were great! In their research planning for the event, they even stumbled across this blog.

I will post some additional photos as I receive them from the many shutterbugs at the event, but here are a few photos that I captured with my camera...

The audience gathers. Roughly half of the attendees were Gamebryo pre-customers (as previously described in this blog).

Mr. Park talking about our Korean-language forum (on screen).

Probably the BEST professional-setting photo of me ever taken, as it hides my beak!

Throngs of Gamebryo fans crowd the hallway outside the ballroom during our mid-session coffee break.

Valery showing the "Bad Sushi" demo and pointing out how both cores are utilized.

No comments: