Thursday, June 19, 2008

In Shanghai: DB is an Angel

Checking in from Shanghai now, where we just had our first full day here. We had three meetings today with two current customers. They love Gamebryo! Areil from our local reseller has been accompanying us, as has been the Business Director for ScaleForm in China, Ben Mowery. He speaks great Chinese, and I'm impressed! Speaking a bit of Japanese, I know what he's gone through to get to that point in his linguistic skills, so I have profound respect for him.

Now... if ANY of you have ever said anything bad about DB, I have captured proof that he really is an angel. Check out the photos below...

We took the maglev train from the airport in to the city yesterday. Check out the top speed we hit on the ride in: 431 kph. That's over 267 mph. The track is 30.5 km (about 19 miles) long, and it takes less than seven minutes to make the journey. Fun stuff!

DB and I out to dinner with Areil & Ben last night. See that organge "ball" in the middle of the table? That's a hallowed out tangerine, and it was filled with tangerine sorbet. Oh wow... I think I've found a new favorite food!!!

At one of our customer's offices this morning.

At one of our customer's offices this afternoon. I just LOVE this photo. I don't know how this effect occurred, but check out the apparent halo around DB's head. I always knew he was an angel!!! :-)

View from the Italian restaurant where we had dinner both last night and tonight. A great place!

This was in the mall near our hotel; a display of photos of the death and destruction from the recent earthquake in China. It was actually pretty graphic, and quite sobering. Our prayers and best wishes are extended to all of the victims.

No comments: